Thursday, January 8, 2009

January 8, 2009 Day 6

January 8, 2009 Today was a day filled with laughter, tears and silly reminiscing of good times. It has been fun to see all the people that are following our blog and joined our "Fans of Ted McArthur" club on facebook. The Doctor talked with us about putting in a "Tracheotomy" to help protect his airway and to make him more comfortable. He is still in a coma and there is still no sign of brain activity. We all feel that he is just hanging out with the angels and visiting for the time being. He has to come back to us, we still need him! Mom still needs him! We have limited the visitors going into his room to just family in order to keep his blood pressure down and brain pressure down. Mom is having a very hard time tonight, she has been so strong but this waiting is taking its toll.
Cheryl

While sitting in the waiting room it has given us time to do lots of thinking and reflect on our own lives, I have learned to really give thanks and show gratitude for everything even the smallest things, and patience is a lesson to all of us right now. I just am trying to hold tight to what we have been told" I never said it would be easy , I only said it would be worth it." I wanna thank everybody for there amazing support, prayers, fasting, laughs, memories and more. It means so much to my family.
Rachel

Doctors Notes - Still a coma and unresponsive, blood pressure is down slightly and slight decrease in brain pressure, still no sign of brain activity.

10 comments:

  1. You guys are doing such a great job at staying positive and happy. I can't imagine how hard it is, but you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love the addition of all of the Family Fotos. You guys are awesome in so many ways. Your family has been in my heart, on my mind and in each prayer since I learned of your dad's condition. Keep the faith. Please squeeze in an extra hug for your mom, thank you.
    Love and an extra boost of strength,
    Leilani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi McArthurs, Just want you to know that I am following your blog and appreciate the daily updates. My prayers are with you and your family. I know what a difficult time it is. I send you all my love and prayers that Heavenly father will send his comforting angels to bless you. Love Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with you all. I can learn from watching you; love, patience, gratitude, friendship, hope, faith, the list goes on and on. You all are amazing, your parents have done an outstanding job raising you. I am lucky to have you as my family. We will continually pray for you all. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miracles can and do happen! We love you guys. Tell your mom I love her and can not even imagine what she is going through. She is such a strong person and maybe it was good for her to break down for a while so that she can now start to really handle and get on top of things. You can do it Shirley!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure that Ted and all the angels surrounding him know how brave you are. Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. I love the pictures. We will keep praying for Ted and for all of you. Our love, our faith, you can have it all.

    From the Texas Adairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi McArthurs,

    We want to send our love and prayers to you all at this time. It's great that your family can be together to support each other. Your dad knows you're there and how much you love him. Take care and know that we send our love. The Abreu family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grandma, I send you all our love, we are praying everyday for a miracle. Keep a positive mindset and environment. Mom, I love you and keep your head up. Just know a lot of people are praying for Grandpa...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey McArthurs, just wanted to tell you our prayers are with Ted and your family.
    Love,
    Nicole (Nelson)Asay

    ReplyDelete
  10. McArthur family, our thoughts and prayers are with you. I put your dads name in the Denver Temple today. God Bless you all through this. Love and Friendship Skip,Jill,Cherilyn and Jackilyn Campbell

    ReplyDelete